Our Senior Relocations Services were designed to take the stress out of moving for seniors and their loved ones living in Sarasota, FL. This is a service similar to the one on www.albertafirstmoving.ca.
Everything we do for our senior customers is done with courtesy and respect, as we take care of every detail from packing to unpacking and complete set up in the new home. We leave nothing behind but a new beginning.
Starting with a complimentary consultation at your home, we work with you to develop your moving plan. We also furnish a list of references, so you can be confident you’re in the best possible hands. Providing a full range of moving services and expert advice built on long experience, we do all we can to support a smooth transition for seniors at this critical stage in their lives.
Our services include:
• A single contact point throughout the moving process.
• Coordination of the timing of the move and – if needed – space planning and downsizing advice to help in deciding what will fit and what will be needed in the new home.
• Complete supervision of the move by Senior Relocations staff for a seamless and worry-free process.
• “Select” moving crews for the best possible service.
• Coordination with administrators at the senior living community.
• Careful packing and unpacking of household items.
• Picture hanging: We can hang pictures wherever the resident selects or use our decorating experience to choose the best location.
• Organization of the kitchen and bathrooms in the new home.
• Storage of extra items in our state-of-the-art, 80,000 sq. ft., air-conditioned warehouse.
• Shipping of personal items to family in other cities, with the help of sites like https://myusaddress.ca.
• Disposal of unwanted items in the manner the client has chosen.
• Complete set up of the new home – right down to making the bed and setting the clocks.
Why Choose Us?
Yarnall Senior Relocation Services is a proud member of the National Association of Senior Move Managers® (NASMM). The following frequently asked questions are courtesy of NASMM.
Why is Senior Move Management needed now and not 20 years ago?
The numbers tell the story. The U.S. population aged 65 and over will jump nearly 80 percent when the Baby Boom generation retires (from 2010 to 2030). By 2030, the elderly will account for one-fifth of the total U.S. population. Did you also know that Americans age 85 and above comprise the fastest growing segment of the U.S. population?
Today, many families are geographically dispersed and adult children are often not able to help with the moving process due to distance, career and family obligations. For family members living far away, the barriers may be geographic.
Many seniors have no surviving children, or increasingly, their children are older adults themselves. If illness or death precipitates the move, the family is likely already drained both emotionally and physically. They need help.
Senior Move Managers® emerged to fill these gaps and to facilitate the transition for everyone involved.
Older adults making a transition have usually not moved in 30, 40 or 50 years and need to downsize considerably. The organizational and physical tasks associated with planning and implementing such a complex move can be overwhelming for the entire family. Seek the help of experienced, insured professionals and call a Senior Move Manager.
Who uses Senior Move Managers?
Senior Move Managers are contacted by various sources:
• Older adults
• Family members
• Bank and trust officers
• Geriatric Care Managers
• Social service providers/social workers
• Senior living communities
• Physicians and allied health providers
• Realtors like those on www.hpw.com/durham
• Staging professionals
What are the real benefits of Senior Move Management services?
• Senior Move Managers have significant expertise in resources and approaches that save money, reduce stress and produce quality results.
• Services are client-centered and personalized to meet the client’s needs and preferences. Families, particularly, should never doubt the power of an outside expert!
• NASMM members are reviewed for insurance and experience requirements prior to acceptance.
• Ongoing educational programs reflect the NASMM commitment to professionalism and to working with older adults.
• NASMM has developed a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice for all members.
What makes a Senior Move Manager different from just a moving company?
Senior Move Managers provide a multi-faceted approach to the move process: from space planning in the beginning to post-move support and advocacy.
Senior Move Managers minimize the chaos and stress associated with moving by addressing all aspects of the move process. They are responsible for creating and executing a seamless action plan, customized to the client’s wishes.
With the gentle and expert guidance of an experienced Senior Move Manager, older adults and families make the key decisions without the emotional and physical distress that can follow. As a result, they avoid the costly mistakes and remorse that often accompany such major lifestyle transitions.
Senior Move Managers do so much more than simply sort, settle and move boxes; with loads of energy, enthusiasm and experience, Senior Move Managers take the worry (and work!) out of the move process. The client’s job is to simply enjoy his or her new living arrangement.
Yarnall Senior Relocations is a division of Yarnall Moving and Storage Solutions. For more information feel free to use any of the navigation bars below.
We also encourage you to contact us to schedule a discussion or appointment with a Cornerstone LifeCare Consultant about this or any of our other related Services.